memory allocation under VSTa

From: ESD <esd_at_nospam.org>
Date: Thu Mar 23 2000 - 15:59:03 PST

I notice that mmap() munmap() are the primary calls from user space into
the memory system.
What is it that is happening with malloc() in servers such as DOS.
Is the malloc() in userland a different one to the one in the kernel
which is wrapped by MALLOC()? I can't seem to discover the mechanism
that the server can actually get at this call.
Is this the common kernel address space which is visible globally?
How does all that work?

Any feedback on this would be much appreciated.

regard

Eric

esd@deakin.edu.au