Re: Startup problems

From: Andy Valencia <vandys_at_nospam.org>
Date: Wed Feb 23 2000 - 08:14:21 PST

[=?iso-8859-1?Q?Erik_Dal=E9n?= <erik@jpl.nu> writes:]

>when I try to start VSTa init says that it can't load inittab even though
>inittab is there. I'm running it on a 420 mb ide harddisk, dos partition.
>everything else seems to work fine.
>tips anyone?

/vsta/etc/inittab is pretty much the first file which a boot module will try
to find, so likely there's a mismatch going on here. I assume you saw the
IDE (wd) and DOS servers come up? Do you have more than one DOS partition?
Did you put inittab in /vsta/etc (sometimes people accidentally extract into
some other pathname)?

Andy