alive?

From: Stefan Rieken <StefanRieken_at_nospam.org>
Date: Fri Nov 05 1999 - 02:24:53 PST

Hello,

I am new to vsta. So, I have, off course a few questions:

1. Alive? That the copyright notice didn't include 1999 was the first
sign for me that vsta might not be that alive anymore. Then Andy said
this directly in his welcome note to the mailing list. How big is this
scene still? How many people are there on this list? Would it be worth
the effort if I started working on vsta (docs), or is this project
really ending?

2. GUI? The Web site promises MADO. The MADO docs say that it is in
alpha stage. Is there a way that I can use it? There is also MGR. How
should I use this package (compile - what compiler? install - how?)?

3. Squeak! It was an awful good idea of Andy to mention that name. I
always liked the idea of a Squeak OS. (Merely a remark than a question
:-)

Greets,

Stefan