Re: gcc problem

From: Andy Valencia <vandys_at_nospam.org>
Date: Fri Aug 13 1999 - 09:37:41 PDT

[Eric Dines <esd@gbb.com.au> writes:]

>Under 1.5.2 I cannot seem to be able to compile anything with gcc.
>I get the message
>gcc: installation problem, cannot exec cpp no entry
>gcc: Program cpp got fatal signal 127

What's your mount table look like at this point? Can you run cpp manually?
It should be in /vsta/bin/cpp. Also, somewhere back in the mists of time
there was a bug in the old gcc executable where if you had another mount
point of /v, /vs, /vst, or /vsta, then gcc could fail to lookup its path
correctly. It was a bug in libc, but gcc had been statically linked back
then. Some time later (1.6, if my change logs are correct) I rebuilt gcc
properly and it now uses shlib's like everything else--and this problem went
away.

Andy