RE: App installation and encapsulation (Was: Tandem Expand)

From: Gavin Thomas Nicol <gtn_at_nospam.org>
Date: Thu Dec 03 1998 - 03:31:07 PST

> In the model I propose, there are three things which are combined to
> figure out how do bind a resource:
>
> 1) the identity of the requester
> 2) the identify of the requested resource
> 3) the 'binding paramaters' (i.e. in the above case,
> "lang=japan" and "skill=expert"
> would be binding paramaters)

Ok.This is a bit different to what I was talking about. What you are
proposing here is more or less that resource resolution be a function,
rather than being statically resolved. I agree.

However, in the above function, you *still* have to bind to something,
and have a way for naming that something, and again, I contend that

   /app_resources/ja/ui/menu

is as good as a GUID.

(I've got to run now, more later).