Re: install question

From: Eric Jacobs <Eric_Jacobs_at_nospam.org>
Date: Wed Oct 28 1998 - 05:09:21 PST

>On Tue, Oct 27, 1998 at 07:39:58AM -0400, Eric Jacobs wrote:
>
>>> Unfortunately, the documentation for VSTa is way out of
>>> sync with the current distribution. This is one of the
>>> things it doesn't tell you:
>>
>>Where is it that this documentation mistake exists?

In the skeleton version of MENU.LST for grub, I think. It's
well commented, it's just out of date. I think that a good basic
introduction to the way the servers are started and namer
paths and mount points work would be nice to put in the
documentation. The way that VSTa deals with devices and
filesystems is really different from the generic unix, and
this was one of the hardest aspects for me to get started
with. It's also a really innovative way to structure an
operating system.

I could start writing up some of this stuff if you'd like. I
know VSTa is in some serious need of docs and man pages.

Eric