Re: Boot probs...

From: Michael Henry <mhenry_at_nospam.org>
Date: Tue Sep 29 1998 - 23:14:38 PDT

I found the solution to the problem!

I downloaded Jeske's floppy image and used it to boot vsta
from the floppy, and then from the hard drive, without any problems.

So I looked at his boot sequence, and he had (from memory)

        module=/vsta/boot/dos -n fs/root -d //dos/fd:fd0_dos0

I'd been using "-d dos/fd:fd0_dos0", as per the recommendations given
in this mailing list. (Since the documentation was wrong).

Note to the documentors:

Could you please make sure the documentation is upgraded to reflect the
proper boot procedure.

        Thanks,

                Michael