Re: Can't boot

From: David Jeske <jeske_at_nospam.org>
Date: Fri Sep 04 1998 - 10:13:09 PDT

On Fri, Sep 04, 1998 at 07:53:20AM -0700, Andy Valencia wrote:
> ["Michael Henry" <mhenry@white.ug.cs.usyd.edu.au> writes:]
>
> > Boot process 7 dies
> > [Kernel debugger @ spl 0]
> > >
> >When I get this message, the HDD light is permanently on.
>
> At a guess, your IDE disk takes a long time to reset, and the driver's
> giving up on you.

Michael,

Perhaps you should try pulling down:

http://www.chat.net/~jeske/VSTa/Software/vstaflop.zip
http://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/system/install/rawwrite/rawrite2.exe

1) Just unzip the first one, what you'll get out is a disk image. Use
rawrite2 to put the disk image onto a floppy.

2) boot the floppy

It should bring up vsta running completely off the floppy. I believe I
included the wd server on that disk, so you should then be able to
start wd against your hard drive manually and see what it does.

--
David Jeske (N9LCA) + http://www.chat.net/~jeske/ + jeske_at_chat.net