fd server

From: Marcel Jackowski <mjack_at_nospam.org>
Date: Mon Feb 09 1998 - 15:43:39 PST

I've been trying to mount a dos volume from a floppy disk but so far
I have not been able to make it work. I am wondering if I am doing
something silly here:
I do 'fd &' then the device server loads and it correctly prints the
floppy drive information.
Then I try to make 'dos' talk to the device by issuing a 'dos -n fs/fd
 -d //disk/fd:fd0_1440 &'
The drive led turns on, but 'dos' never replies with a 'file system
established' message. It seems that something is wrong with the fd server.
Another interesting thing is that if you issue a 'cat //disk/fd:fd0_1440'
nothing is printed.
I wonder if other people have successfully made it.

Marcel
mjack@cs.wright.edu