Re: VSTa 1.6 available

From: Andy Valencia <vandys_at_nospam.org>
Date: Fri Oct 31 1997 - 08:16:24 PST

[Mike Larson USG <larz@zk3.dec.com> writes:]

>I'd like to setup vsta to boot off a floppy first, and perhaps later I
>will install grub on the appropriate hard drive. Unfortunately, I
>haven't figured out how make a grub boot floppy yet. I got as far as
>rawrite'ing grub.raw to a floppy and booting grub from the floppy. Is
>there a way to build the floppy so that it has menu.lst and all the
>other necessary boot files?

I don't know about that, but I thought the instructions included a way to
create a boot floppy which pulled the secondary loader as well as the
menu.lst from the hard disk. You have to keep a couple files on your hard
disk, but since grub supports most filesystems that doesn't seem like an
undue hardship. And it spares you having to mess with your current hard
disk boot mechanism.

                                                Andy