Re: 1.5.2 bugs

From: Andy Valencia <vandys_at_nospam.org>
Date: Wed Oct 29 1997 - 08:38:14 PST

[Pavel Machek <pavel@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz> writes:]

>* shift tracking in cons2 is broken: Press and hold left ctrl, click
>right ctrl, press any key - ctrl will be forgotten. Well, correcting
>this would require tracking of which keys are done - which would make
>it a lot more complex.

True. As you noted, perhaps not really worth fixing. If you do fix it and
submit patches, I'll roll it in.

>* boot.exe does not honour 3rd argument correctly (simple typo)
>* vsta will not boot from Windows 95 unless Safe mode command prompt
>was selected. (I'm talking about plain dos - real mode)

1.6 moves away from the DOS boot loader, so these are basically fixed by
supporting Multiboot standard and booting directly.

>Is there bash for vsta?

No, but note that canonical input automatically provides command line
editing (using the getline() library), so ash is surprisingly usable.
getline() has a hook for doing completion, and file name completion is the
thing I miss most.

Yes; search through www.zendo.com/vsta

>Is there someone on this mailing list? :-)

About 150 entries at last count. But we're a quiet bunch. :-)

                                                        Andy