GCC 2.X tool chain up on VSTa

From: Andrew Valencia <vandys_at_nospam.org>
Date: Wed Sep 03 1997 - 08:59:20 PDT

Well, here's a long trail of twisty passages. I started playing with a move
to GRUB, and realized that I had to change how ld layed out the executable.
This was hard to do with the 1.X ld, and the map files available in 2.X were
the ticket. So I went and ported late-model ld, as, and gcc. As a part of
this, I also had to port gawk, and fortunately I'd already done sed. I've
successfully compiled and booted VSTa running under VSTa with the 2.X tool
chain, so expect this switch in the next major release.

I'm a little torn on what to play with next--I think I might take a little
bit of time to port gdb, as debugging C programs with adb gets old quickly.
OTOH, the sooner I move to GRUB, the sooner I can get native boots, 64 meg
support, and all those other goodies. :-)

                                                        Andy