Research Programmer Positions, Univ. of Utah

From: Jay Lepreau <lepreau_at_nospam.org>
Date: Wed Nov 22 1995 - 02:54:19 PST

Please pardon the interruption...

We have five positions available on our "Flux/Mach4" project,
including skilled kernel hackers and architects, senior language tool
folks, and other generally expert programmers. What we build is
all freely distributable, and one of our target testbeds is the Hurd.
We have an optimizing IDL compiler that needs more staffing, is
complementary in emphasis to ILU, and might be possible to be merged in.

The full posting can be found at
http://www.cs.utah.edu/projects/flux/jobs-staff.html and
ftp://flux.cs.utah.edu/flux/jobs-staff.txt.

Two excerpts:
         Come brainstorm, design, hack, and debug with us.
            Oh, also ski, bike, hike, and raft with us.
                 Then there is reading and writing.
                     And there's also drinking.
                         We do all of them.

Ahem....
We do microkernels (with several traditional microkernel components in user
space, such as address space management), distributed shared memory,
distributed and not-so-distributed objects, security, IDL compilers and
languages, and very fancy linking. This work is targeted at highly
decomposed systems and middleware. We have superb experimental computing
facilities. Check out http://www.cs.utah.edu/projects/flux/ for more info.)

Jay Lepreau Computer Science Dept. lepreau@cs.utah.edu 801-581-4285